Want to know different types of love in deep? Then continue reading I really hope this post will help you.
Glad to see you again, thanks for your love & support. You’re most welcome to your own place girlsdunia.com. Today I will share about Different Types of LOVE with their explanation. I hope you’ll like it so continue reading.
What are LOVE & Types of Love?
Love is something beyond words. It can happen between persons, things, animals, country or anything else. It’s an unbreakable trust build between each other.
The words of people may be deceptive but their actions can’t be mistaken, they show very well about the intentions or the feelings of another person. If you found true love in your life, never ever lose it, just keep it always close to your heart.
Love is a set of feelings, emotions, beliefs with a strong feeling of affection, care, and dedication.
If I have to define Love in one word then I’ll say it’s SACRIFICE. You can do anything for the person you love the most. If you love anyone then you start caring about their happiness more than your own happiness. If you can’t sacrifice something for them you can’t love them purely. Types of love will be discussed further-
8 TYPES OF LOVE- According to Experts
Today we’ll discuss different types of love that we experience in or real life. So let’s have a look-
1) Philia — Affectionate Love
First of all, here is Philia love, This love was explained by Greeks they defined this type of love as “affectionate love.” In other words, it is the kind of love that is felt for your friends.
This kind of love was considered better than eros or sexual love because this love is found between those people who consider each other equal and they care for each other equally.
While a lot of people explain the word love with romance but trust me this is really not true, the physical attraction is not necessary for real love. This kind of love is always deemed as love without sexual attraction.
2) Agape — Unconditional Love
This kind of love is quite better than any other type of love it is selfless, real and unconditional love. This kind of love is really rare and a few people experience this love for a long time.
Different people define types of love according to their perception some people describe agape love as a type of spiritual love. For an example- Christians believe that Jesus associated & exhibited this kind of love for all humans. He was selfless and sacrificed because he wanted others to get rid of their sins. He suffered a lot for the happiness of others.
3) Philautia — Self-love
Philautia is self-love. In our modern-day society, most people associate self-love with being narcissistic, selfish, or stuck on themselves. However, this is not what the ancient Greeks meant by self-love.
Self-love is not negative or unhealthy in any way. In fact, it’s necessary to be able to give and receive love from other people. We cannot give to others what we don’t have. And if we don’t love ourselves, how can we truly love others?
Another way to look at self-love is by thinking about it as self-compassion. Just as you might show affection and love to another person, you must also show that same affection and love to yourself.
4) Eros — Sexual Love
This love is an expression of sexual passion, want and desire. The name Eros was named after the Greek god of love and fertility. That’s why this love is usually associated with romance, physical love, and passion.
This is quite dangerous because this love is associated with passion and sexual love not with the love of soul. This is possible in the next era that this kind of love will fade ver early and it will become unhealthy for all.
5) Storge — Family Love
This kind of love is basically defined as the love for the family of the child. This type of love is quite similar to philia the affectionate love that is felt between friends.
This love is more like the love of parents for their kids. Just as philia there is not any physical or sexual feeling, in fact, a strong bond of love, friendship, affection and familiarity between people.
6) Ludus — Playful Love
This love is defined in simple words as a feeling of infatuation or attraction. That’s why Ludus is known as “playful love.” It is kind of romance and you have experienced this one then you know very well what I’m talking about.
Researches show that when people experience this kind of love their brain starts functioning differently as if they are taking a strong pill or any kind of drug. It starts making you feel alive and excited about life.
When you feel butterflies in your stomach after seeing your love walk through the door, and the feeling of never wanting to be without them.
7) Mania — Obsessive Love
Mania is not deemed as a good type of love, because it is obsessive and the obsession in any kind of love is harmful. It’s the type of love that can lead someone into jealousy, madness, anger, obsessed with one person.
The people who experience this type of love usually suffer from low self-esteem. They fear to lose the object of their love, and this fear compels them to say or do some “crazy” things in order to keep them close. It can really be more destructive in some cases.
8) Pragma — Long-lasting or Enduring Love
This love is defined in a good term and it is positive. The ancient Greeks defined pragma as “enduring love.” In other words, it’s almost the opposite of eros- the sexual love becauseEros tends to burn out quickly because of its passion and intensity. And pragma is a love that is mature and grows over a long period of time.
For example, we can take the old married couples who have been together since their teenage years and still hold hands, no other example can beat this one. Unfortunately, this kind of love is rare to find – especially in this changing society today. The new couples these days have no patience or desire to watch love grow over time.
This type of love doesn’t require a lot of effort in a relationship but the fact is long-time support is needed. if both people are good at making compromises, and each of them puts in equal efforts to make the other person happy then it will succeed.
COMMON TYPES OF LOVE- You must be aware
These love we all experience in our day to day life so let’s talk-
- Assuring love– The person who always stays by your side and supports you in hard times no matter whatever the consequences are! That’s your brother or sister, commonly say siblings love.
- World’s greatest love– The love of a mother for children is considered the world’s greatest love. A mother feeds her children to see them happy, who always care for their happiness and prosperity, who always give her part of the food and says that she is not hungry because she knows they don’t have enough food.
- Selfless love– When your father does every effort to fulfill your wishes and needs, he takes everything for you just to see your smiles while he himself never used such costly things for him.
- Endless love– The love between you and your spouse is considered an endless love because this love never fades if you both are true to each other.
- Love for the nation & duty– When a soldier leaves his home, mother, wife, daughter because of his duty for the nation that’s his love for the country. He leaves his last breadth proudly on the border after fighting against the enemies.
- Unconditional love– Animals can’t speak anything but still, they show their love for their owner by waiting the whole day for their owner that love is really called unconditional love.
- Social love- When a person dedicates his whole life and every breath of his life to the welfare & development of the nation, without expecting anything in return that is love for society and its people.
- Love for the country & sport– When a player fights for his country & helps it in winning a dream world cup that his love for the country and sports.
- For the love of writing– When a writer writes his answer when he feels to write whatever the time is and also which stops him from sleeping until he finishes it that’s his love for writing.
I really hope you liked this article on “11 Different Types of LOVE- You Must Know With Their Explanation!”. I always try my best to give you information from the best of my knowledge and experience. Just feel the difference, express love and make your relationship more healthy, strong and long-lasting.
Let me know what problem you’re facing in understanding these concepts whether you’re a girl or boy and do you like the information shared by me by commenting below, I will try to figure it out. If there is any mistake or if you want to give any feedback then comment down.
Thank you very much for giving me your precious time for reading this article, see you soon in my next article till then Keep loving keep supporting keep sharing! Have a wonderful day.
Now you have taken this knowledge so let your friends know the difference between all these concepts.