Friendship Day is a popular annual festival for all youngsters. Friendship day is not a public holiday in India but it is celebrated in entire India. It is celebrated on the First Sunday of August. Friendship day 2019 falls on 4th August.
It is the most important festival for youngsters in India. Everybody celebrates this festival with a lot of excitement.
Friendship day in India is celebrated by giving gifts and friendship bands to each other. Friendship bands are popular in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and some parts of South Africa.
Who is a Friend and why Friendship Day is Celebrated?
A friend is the one who holds you when you’re in trouble, any time you need them they will be together with you. A good friend is one who can understand your silence more than words.
Friendship is a relationship that is gifted by the grace of God. True friends are hard to find and if you find one then always keep them happy so let’s see why we celebrate friendship day;-
- 1) Friendship day is the opportunity to tell your friends how much you care for them.
- 2) Imagine a day in school or college without your friend, your bench partner and see how it feels.
- 3) It is celebrated to tell your loved ones how special they are.
- 4) Celebrate together and it will help you to grow your bond stronger.
- 5) If you don’t talk regularly then this day helps you to keep you closer and tell each other that you still care.
Friendship day dates of 5 years from 2015 to 2020
|2015||2 August||Sunday||Friendship Day|
|2016||7 August||Sunday||Friendship Day|
|2017||6 August||Sunday||Friendship Day|
|2018||5 August||Sunday||Friendship Day|
|2019||4 August||Sunday||Friendship Day|
|2020||2 August||Sunday||Friendship Day|
Who discovered Friendship day
Friendship Day was discovered by Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark cards in 1930.
10 Awesome Ways to Celebrate Friendship day
Here are some ways to make your day more special and memorable just go through them once:-
1. Friendship bands
There are many kinds of friendship bands available in the market. You may choose one and hand over it to your best friend. This small effort will help you to make your relationship strong and smooth.
You may take a gift for your friend. You may consider his or her choice and according to it, you may choose a gift. Some gifts like
- A cute smiling keychain
- A flower
- A cute glass dome
- A set of bracelets
- A cute coffee mug
- A photo frame
- A personalized cushion
3. Go for a movie
You may go for a movie and if is a night show then it will more interesting and enjoyable. This will a very nice friendship day celebration for all.
4. Go to a haunted house
This one is more interesting, thrilling and unique to go to a haunted house on the special occasion of friendship day. You may try this one, invite a group and enjoy the day.
5. Organize a grand party
Invite some friends, plan a nice party and enjoy the get-together. How to plan a party:-
- Decide the time of the party, day or night.
- Venue and menu must be taken into consideration.
- Decoration must be given special attention.
- You may plan some games like musical chairs, chart paper dances and many more.
- Music must be of nice choice.
- Keep the camera ready and capture precious moments in the form of pictures.
- Invite your friends and enjoy.
Camping is to stay a day outside your home at someplace such as a tent near any river or jungle. You may go for camping with a group of some friends the same as you. This will be a nice friendship day plan.
7. Share your thoughts
Talk for the whole night and share all your thoughts. Tell them everything, what is going in your life at present and take suggestions according to their point of view.
8. Greeting cards
You make a greeting card or a Diy friendship card for your best friend. Greeting cards are never so old to make you just have to be more creative this time and just make a beautiful friendship card.
9. Slumber party
A Slumber party is a kind of pajama party or a sleepover party. Just invite your friends to stay at your home at night and enjoy the party. Get some pizza, soft drinks or other eatables to let your friends enjoy the day to the fullest.
10. Plan a meetup & Have some Pani puri
Just plan a short meet up, go outside, walk, hang out and have some Pani puri with them. It will make your day memorable and also an awesome friendship day plan.
Make sure you click a photograph for the sake of memory.
15 Cute Quotes for Friendship day
“Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find one good you must one hundred tries.”
Solomon Ibn Gabirol
“My friend is he who will tell me my faults in private.”
“Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.”
“The rain may be falling hard outside,
But your smile makes it all alright.
I’m so glad that you’re my friend.
I know our friendship will never end.”
C. S. Lewis
“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art … it has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival.”
“Love is rarer than genius itself. And friendship is rarer than love.”
Mary Dixon Thayer
“It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship.”
“Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends.”
“One of the surest evidence of friendship that one individual can display to another is telling him gently of a fault. If any other can excel it, it is listening to such a disclosure with gratitude and amending the error.”
“Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.”
- “Good friends offer a shoulder when you need to cry. Best friends are there with a shovel to beat up who made you cry.”
- “I remember when my best friend was shy and quiet, I created a monster.”
- “A best friend isn’t someone who’s just always there for you. It’s someone who understands you a bit more than you understand yourself.”
- “Finding a loyal friend is as hard as finding a tear drop in the ocean! If you have them, cherish them!”
- “A best friend is someone who you can talk to, who won’t judge you, loves you for no reason, and most of all, makes you feel like you are worth something.”
I hope you liked this article on “Friendship Day 2019 in India – Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Friendship Day“. I always try my best to give you ideas from the best of my knowledge and experience. Share with your best friend, Express love and make your relationship more healthy, strong and long-lasting.
Let me know what you think about this article whether you’re a girl or boy and do you like the information shared by me by commenting below. If there is any mistake or if you want to give any feedback then comment down.
Thank you very much for giving me your precious time for reading this article, see you soon in my next article till then Keep loving keep supporting keep sharing! Have a wonderful day.
Now you have taken these stunning information so let your friends also know about the ideas and help them for their loved ones.
Recommended posts for you