Raksha Bandhan is the most special day for each brother and sister in India. This day is celebrated for the siblings’ love. The love between brother and sister is the purest love on this earth.
You are most welcome once again. Today we’ll discuss Raksha Bandhan 2019 along with some amazing ideas to decorate a beautiful thali, the famous sweets of Raksha Bandhan, the best gifts for brother and sister and how you can make your day more memorable and special. So let’s not waste time and move forward.
What is Raksha Bandhan?
Before moving forward we must know about the meaning of Raksha Bandhan. Raksha Bandhan is made up of two significant words, Raksha and Bandhan. The Raksha literally means “protection” and Bandhan means “the tie or a knot”, which basically gives a meaning “the tie or knot of protection”.
This is the most important and valuable festival for every brother-sister in India. This occasion is not only for biological relations, but this is also celebrated among cousins, nephew (bhatija), fraternal aunt( bua) sister in law ( bhabhi) and all other such relationships.
On this day the sister ties a sacred thread around the wrist of his brother in order to pray for his prosperity, good health, and long life. In return, brother gives a promise to her sister that he will always protect her from each problem or each evil eye and he will always be with her as her non-breakable support and a special gift together.
That sacred thread she ties is known as Rakhi in India. Raksha Bandhan is celebrated in the Shravan month on the full moon day (Purnima) which typically falls in month August.
Overview of Raksha Bandhan 2019
|Official Name||Raksha Bandhan|
|Other Names||Rakhi, Rakhri|
|Tradition/ Religion||Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism|
|Famous places||India, Nepal, Pakistan|
|Month||Purnima of Shrawan falls in August|
|Related festival||Bhaiya Dooj|
|2018 Date||26, August, Sunday|
|2019 Date||15, August, Thursday(Independence day)|
7 Amazing Thali Decoration Ideas in 2019
You can decorate a Rakhi Thali in many ways and these all will look awesome because you love, time and affection will be mixed in it. Here are some ideas to learn step by step ” How to decorate a Rakhi Thali”
#1. Designer thali
- First, of all, you need a steel thali
- Then you need a designer well-decorated cloth
- You have to cut the piece of cloth as the size of thali
- After cutting you have to paste it on the thali
- Then, there is no need to further decorate it because it will look messy
- Now, you may put two or three bowls as per the requirement.
- Add sindoor, some rice, water, sweets, and rakhi in the thali.
#2. Flower Design
- This design is the most beautiful and evergreen kind of design.
- To decorate a thali like this you’ll need a thali, stones, pearls, lace, and ready-made flower for the center.
- First of all, you have to paste the flower in the center part of the thali
- After this paste a beautiful lace around the center flower
- You can make flowers with the help of lace and pearls, then just paste it
- As a final touch, you can paste some stones as its border.
#3. Heart Shape Thali
- First, you need a heart-shaped thali
- You may take a printed thali and if it is not available then you may paste a beautiful sheet of paper on it or you can color of your choice
- After this, you have to paste some hand-made leaves of paper as its border with some stones
- You can add some stones and hand-made flowers in the center also.
#4. Silver royalty
- You can take a silver thali or a polished thali
- You don’t have to do much for this one because of this thali looks naturally beautiful
- Then you have to paste some beautiful stones and some laces around the corners of the thali.
- Then you can simply add sindoor, rice, and other things.
#5. Pink Laced Thali
- In this thali design, you’ll need a pink feather lace, some other laces, a piece of cloth, a small statue of Ganesh
- First of all, you have to paste a cloth on the thali
- Then you can paste laces around the corner over that cloth
- You have to paste another cloth making semicircle over it
- As a final touch, you can paste pink lace and insert the statue of Ganesh in it.
#6. Flat Border Design
- The specialty of this design is its border because the complete look depends on it.
- In this design, you mainly need a beautiful border and thali
- Paste the border around the corners and add other necessary things.
#7. Vertical Pearl Border Design
- This design looks very auspicious and used for Pooja
- You need a lace with the beauty of pearls
- You have to paste the lace around the corners of thali and the bowls to give them a similar look
- Then you add other things as per your need.
Adding sindoor, rice, sweets, rakhi are compulsory for all designs.
7 Most Popular Sweets on Rakhi
Sweets are the tradition of Indian festivals. No festival can be celebrated without sweets in India and here are some famous sweets for Raksha Bandhan-
1) Soan Papdi
Soan Papdi is an Indian Dessert from North India and it is crispy and yummy to have. It is made up of besan.
2) Kaju Katli
It is the favorite dessert of Indians and it is made of cashews, sugar, ghee and cardamom powder. This is the evergreen sweet for all festivals Rakhi, Diwali and so on.
3) Kalakand or Milk Cakes
Kalakand is a dessert made of sweetened condensed milk and paneer. This is also called milk cakes.
4) Coconut Ladoo and Burfi
Coconut Burfi or Ladoo are made on each festival Holi, Diwali, Navratri, Rakhi, etc. It is made up of khoya (Mawa), milk and sugar.
5) Gulab Jamun
This is the traditional sweet of India and liked by all Indians during some special occasions.
6) Besan Ladoo
Besan Ladoo is another favorite dessert of Indians. It is made up of gram flour, sugar, and ghee.
7) Mathura Peda or Mava Peda
Mava Peda is made of evaporated milk and Mathura Peda or Mava Peda is the most preferred sweet of Indians during festivals.
Churma is not any dessert but this is compulsory for Indians to make Churma on Raksha Bandhan due to some religious views or culture. Churma is made of Parantha, Ladies roast them with hands and then mix some sugar and ghee in it. Then it is ready to eat, you can make balls of it or you can simply eat.
16 Fantastic Gift Ideas for Brother
Well, brothers give you gifts always then they also deserve something so you can give these kinds of gifts to your brother as mentioned below-
This can be the best gift for a brother because every boy likes to wear a brooch with his blazer. Brooch is an ornamental pin which inserts on the blazer.
Cufflinks are very much popular and it looks really classy on the cuffs of a boy’s shirt. So you can gift him a nice set of cufflinks.
Boys usually wear watches and if anybody doesn’t wear the watch regularly then he must wear them occasionally then this one is a very useful gift you can give to him.
Every boy wears a shirt and you can gift him a nice shirt but make sure you consider his color or design choices.
Boys love to use perfumes or fragrances to smell nice. They feel more confident after using perfumes and you can give him an awesome perfume.
As everybody knows boys are fond of gadgets whether they are small or big. Every boy loves gadgets. You can gift him these gadgets-
- Mobile phone
- Video games
- Bluetooth speaker
Most of the boys keep a wallet in their pocket. You can gift your brother a wallet with a lot of pockets in it.
8) Personalized Gifts
Personalized gifts are made with your picture. They can be like-
- Printed cushions
- Printed coffee mug
- Photo frame
- Round cube
- Mobile cover
9) Hand-made Gifts
You can make something at home for your brother it can be
- Explosion box
10) T-shirts exclusively designed for bro-sis
Nowadays there are many t-shirts in the market that are specially dedicated to brother and sister. You can purchase a pair and celebrate together.
11) Gym equipment
If your brother is a gym freak then this will be the best gift option for you. You can give any kind of gym equipment.
12) Musical instruments
If your brother has an interest in music then this will the best gift on this Raksha Bandhan.
By giving branded googles to your brother you can help him to enhance his personality. You can give him googles depending on your budget.
You can gift him stylish and comfortable shoes according to his dressing and choice.
15) Beard Softener
If your brother is a bearded person then this will be the best gift for him because it will help him to softens his beard and feel comfortable.
16) Pocket Square
Pocket squares are folded inside the uppermost pocket of a blazer. Many designs and colors of pocket square are available. This will be a nice gift for him.
Gifts Ideas for Sister
Brothers give gifts to their sister to show love on Raksha Bandhan, let’s see-
- Makeup products ( Kajal, Liner, Maskara, lipstick )
- Hair Accessories ( Dryer, Straightener, curler )
- Jewelry ( Rings, Earrings, Necklace, Bracelet )
- Nailpaint collection
- Power bank
- Headphone or earphone
- Musical Instruments
Rest of the gift items you can read by clicking here for better understanding.
7 Ways to celebrate Raksha Bandhan 2019
Here are some unique ideas to celebrate Raksha Bandhan and enjoy the entire day with happiness. You should do them and this will be the best day of your life because there will be lots of laughter, fun and sweet memories.
1) Play Antakshri with your cousin gang
Antakshri is a game in which two teams are made and they compete with each other. They have to sing a song with the last word of the song sung by the opposite team. It will be a great time together.
2) Play Musical pillow
The musical pillow is a game in which all the participants seated in a circle and they pass a pillow to each other, the music is played by a different person who is not playing.
The person who has the pillow in his hands When the music is stopped, the person has to do a dare, decided by the team members.
3) Play Truth & Dare
All the members are seated on a round table and a blank bottle is rounded in the center by any team member.
When the bottle stops and the person who is facing the bottle will have to follow the instructions given by the members.
You can choose truth or dare, in truth you have to answer their questions and in dare, you have to do whatever they’ll ask you. Trust me this will be great fun.
4) Feel nostalgic and play Ludo, carrom
Feel nostalgic and go to childhood once again with your loved ones. You may play a ludo game or Carrom game and many others.
5) Play Dumshraaz
Dumshraaz is a game in which two teams are divided. One team gives the name of a movie to a member of the opposite team and he has to understand his team members doing acting only he can’t speak even a word. He can use body gestures to make his team members understand.
6) Dance together
Play your Bluetooth speaker and get start to dance. Play your favorite songs, make videos, have fun together.
7) Go outside and hang out
You can go outside and enjoy together. You may go for a movie, walk, any amusement park and many others.
I really really hope you must like the article on “Raksha Bandhan 2019- Thali Decoration, Sweets, Gifts, Ways to Celebrate”. I always try my best to give you a piece of advice, just follow the steps, impress your love with your brother-sister and make your relationship healthy, strong and evergreen.
Let me know what you think about Raksha Bandhan whether you’re a girl or boy and do you like the information shared by me by commenting below. If there is any mistake or if you want to give any feedback then comment below.
Thank you very much for giving me your precious time for reading this article, see you soon in my next article till then Keep loving keep supporting keep sharing! Have a wonderful day.
Now you have taken this stunning information so let your friends improve their knowledge better so share this with them.
50+ Raksha Bandhan Quotes 2019- Sister & Brother
31 Superstitions in India– Trust & Theories Behind them