India faced a huge loss recently, this is very sad news for all of us and if you don’t know who Sushma Swaraj is then you should read the complete article carefully because this lady always made India and Indians feel proud. She was the youngest Cabinet Chief Minister of India.
This lady was very positive and brave. She was also the former lawyer of the supreme court and she always took justified decisions. She was the lady who worked a lot for women empowerment, many campaigns were by Sushma Swaraj.
Today we’ll discuss everything about Sushma Swaraj, her educational background, her political career, her family and her achievements. So to know more continue reading.
Who is Sushma Swaraj (1952-2019)?
Sushma Swaraj was one of the Finest and caring politicians who always stepped up for the betterment of India and for Indians. She was an Indian politician and member of the political party Bharatiya Janata Party.
The lady was the present Union Minister for External Affairs in the government of India and the greatest foreign minister. Sushma Swaraj served as a member of parliament for the sixth term and was the leader of opposition in the 15th Lok Sabha.
Swaraj became MLA from Haryana twice during 1977-1982 and 1987-1990, and once from Delhi in 1998. She held the position of the first woman chief minister of Delhi on October 1998, this was really the pride moment for her and for all Indians.
The brave lady held key positions both as a member of the ruling party and as that of opposition. She will always be a role model for many such young women who aspire to tread the path of Indian politics. She was the iron lady and the epitome of women empowerment. Sushma Swaraj became the youngest cabinet minister, at the age of 25 years in the year 1977.
In 1996, during the thirteen-day government under the leadership of Atal Behari Vajpayee, she took a revolutionary step of live telecasting of Lok Sabha debates as the union cabinet minister for Information and Broadcasting. At present Sushma Swaraj is the All India Secretary and leader of Bharatiya Janata Party also the official spokesperson of the party.
Who is Sushma Swaraj?- At a glance
Let’s understand Sushma Swaraj, her personal and professional life with the help of a table:-
|Date of Birth||21 February 1952|
|Birth Place||Ambala Cantt, Haryana|
|Death||6 August 2019|
|Death Place||AIIMS, Delhi, India|
|Age||67 Years (on 6 August 2019)|
|Started practice as Advocate in||Supreme court of India, 1973|
|1st Female Chief Minister of Delhi||13 October 1998 – 3 December 1998|
|Spouse||Swaraj Kaushal (advocate)|
Huge loss for India & Reason behind her death
This is the saddest news for all Indians that Sushma Swaraj the Former external affairs minister has passed away on Tuesday at 67 as on 6 August 2019.
She served as an external affairs minister from 2014 to 2019, reportedly suffered a heart attack and was admitted to Delhi’s AIIMS.
Senior BJP leader or Veteran passed away at the age of 67 on Tuesday because of Cardiac Arrest.
She had declined to contest this year’s Lok Sabha elections due to health issues. Swaraj has undergone a kidney transplant at AIIMS in 2016.
Political background of Sushma Swaraj
As we all know Sushma Swaraj was a very hardworking and ideal lady for all the Indians and especially for the women who are also a politician. Her every move was mind-blowing and always for the welfare of people.
In 1973 Sushma Swaraj started practice as an advocate in the Supreme Court of India.
How did she enter in politics?
- Sushma Swaraj was a student leader in Indian politics in the year 1970.
- Many kinds of protests against the government of Indira Gandhi were organized by Sushma Swaraj.
- She was an extraordinary speaker and a well-experienced campaigner.
- The lady got actively involved in campaigning against the emergency issues after joining the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- She was the first woman Chief Minister of Delhi and later the first woman Leader of Opposition.
- Swaraj became the State President of BJP in Haryana at a young age of 27 years.
- She became the State President of the Janata Party in Haryana at an early age of 27 years.
Her Major Achievements
- In 1977, at the young age of 25 years, Sushma Swaraj became the youngest Cabinet Minister in India and also very Capable
- In 1979, at the early age of 27 years, she became the Bharatiya Janata Party’s State President in Haryana
- The iron lady holds the credit for becoming the first woman Chief Minister.
- Sushma Swaraj also holds the credit of being the first woman Leader of Opposition.
- She was also the first woman Union Cabinet Minister.
- Sushma Swaraj made the record of becoming the first woman spokesperson of a national-level political party.
Some others about her
- She was elected as Haryana legislative assembly, 1977-1982 at the age of 25
- In 1987 Sushma Swaraj was re-elected from the Haryana in Legislative Assembly.
- Sushma Swaraj was elected as a member of the Rajya Sabha on April 1990
- In April 2000, Sushma Swaraj was again elected as the member of Rajya Sabha.
- She underwent through Kidney transplant- on 10 December 2016 at AIIMS, Delhi
She was the chairperson of:
- Joint Committee on Catering in Parliament Complex
- Committee on Petitions, Rajya Sabha
She has been a member of various committees, such as:
- Library Committee
- Committee on Public Undertakings
- Committee on Subordinate Legislation of Haryana Legislature
- Consultative Committee of the Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Committee on Government Assurances of the Rajya Sabha
Education & Politics– At a glance
|Bachelor’s degree||Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt|
|Bachelor’s degree in||Sanskrit and Political Science|
|Law||Punjab University, Chandigarh|
|Political career began with-||Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad in 1970|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Minister of external affairs||26 May 2014-30 May 2019|
|5th Chief Minister of Delhi||13 October 1998-3 December 1998|
|Youngest cabinet minister||1977 at the age of 25|
|Member of Parliament Lok Sabha||13 May 2009-24 May 2019|
The information related to her career and personal life is taken from source Wikipedia and these are very much relevant.
Awards Won by Sushma Swaraj
- She received the Best Speaker award by the Haryana State Assembly.
- Sushma Swaraj was awarded the Best Parliamentarian award twice in the years 2008 and 2010. She is the first-ever and the only woman MP to receive such an Outstanding Parliamentarian award.
Last tweet of Sushma Swaraj on abolishing of section 370
“@narendramodi ji – Thank you Prime Minister. Thank you very much. I was waiting to see this day in my lifetime.”
She tweeted this a few moments before she was taken to AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), Delhi, after suffering a massive heart attack, where she was declared dead.
This was the moment of sorrow for all Indians and the lady will always be in our hearts forever. The moves taken by her were fabulous and she deserves a salute from every Indian. The current age of Sushma Swaraj on 6 August 2019 was 67 Years.
I hope you liked the content and if you liked to please comment, share and react. I always try my best to give you the best content and the best information.
Let me know what you think about this brave lady and if you want to give any suggestion you can comment below. If there is any mistake or error please let me know.
Thank you very much for giving me your precious time for reading this article, see you soon in my next article till then Keep loving keep supporting keep sharing! Have a wonderful day.
Now you have taken these stunning information so let your friends also increase there knowledge, share with them.
Was this article useful for you?